This Privacy Statement sets out how we comply with European Union data protection requirements. This applies to the entire web site. Any changes to these policies will be notified to you on the web site and will be included in the updated Privacy Statement.
You can also access this Privacy Statement via our homepage and from the bottom of every page by clicking on the appropriate link.
Holidaysplease, its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our web site so that, in general, you can visit us on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
Personal Data we may collect
Holidaysplease is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you register for our Services on our Websites, for example signing up for marketing emails you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and name
When you enquire about one of our Franchises, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and name.
- Your personal travel preferences.
- Depending on your method of communication, we may keep a recording of your email or telephone call
When you contact us, or we contact you to take part in any promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our services (for example, your name and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
- Any digital assets, such as images, videos, or emails you provide to us as part of those promotions
We may also use personal data from other sources such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our supplier partners and public registers. For example, this other personal data helps us to:
- review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
When you interact with us via our Social Accounts, we may collect:
- Social media content such as imagery, video content and feedback such as reviews and social interactions.
- For any content you submit, we may use, copy, modify, adapt, publish or incorporate such content into forms of marketing messaging and advertising for our social accounts, email marketing, print brochures, direct mail, and our website.
We may also use personal data from social media sources such as Facebook advertising that supply information, cookie and third-party data. For example, this type of personal social media data helps us to:
- Contribute to reviewing and improving the messaging and marketing we share on our social accounts such as analytical and reporting data.
- Improve and measure the delivery and effectiveness of our marketing communications across social media advertising.
When you use our website, we use data tracking software (‘cookies’) which allow us to collect:
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and Mobile Apps and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data to effectively manage and improve the services we offer to you, including:
- Processing for the purpose of purchasing a Franchise, of which you have enquired.
- Improve our online services, including improving our Websites (see Cookies & Technology section);
- Detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes, so that we can ensure you can safely use our services;
- Improvement and development of our products and suppliers, information technology systems and the way we communicate with you, including measuring the responses to certain products;
- Providing a specialised and personalised service to you to help us meet your needs as a customer, including providing you with marketing material that is relevant to your interests. This may include us measuring your responses to marketing communications;
- Contact and interaction with you, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you send to us, so that we can service your query effectively
Sharing Personal Data
We may share the personal data we collect with other companies in the Holidaysplease, for the purpose of processing your Franchise sign up process.
- We may share the personal data we collect with other Supplier Partners and Service Providers.
- We only share personal data that enable our Supplier Partners to provide their services.
- We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf, including for example, companies that help us with our technology services, storing and combining data, and processing payments.
- We only share personal data that enable our Service Providers to effectively provide their services. When we share personal data with these companies we require them to store and process it securely, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes
We may also need to share personal data with other organisations in certain circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or to any other successors in title to our business.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area “EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Service Providers.
We will send you relevant news and offers about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications or have engaged with us previously.
When you register with us on our Websites we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications.
We may also wish to contact you about your views to help us improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You can choose not to take part in our market research.
Purpose of processing your personal data for our marketing activities
|Activity||Why we need to process your personal information||Lawful basis to process personal information|
|Email Marketing||To send information and marketing messages by email||Consent and Legitimate Interest|
|Postal Marketing||To send occasional marketing communications by post||Legitimate interest|
|Segmentation, analytics, marketing profiling||To provide targeted and appropriate marketing messages||Legitimate interest|
Protection of Personal Data
The protection and safe-guarding of your personal data is very important to us and we implement various security safeguards to protect your data, including:
- Regular reviews of our processes for collecting, storing and processing your personal data.
- Restricting access to your personal data to authorised users. This includes the use of physical security measures.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Cookies and Technology
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request. If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, or would simply like to ask any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, please write to:
The Data Controller,
11-12 Cox Street,
Or via email to email@example.com